Start your Hawaiian Copelandia grow kit:
- Take out the contents of the kit. The substrate container, topsoil (casing layer) container, the growbag (humidity bag) the paperclip
- Spread the black top soil (casing layer) over the substrate, smooth it out evenly over the surface with your fingers.
- Put the kit in the grow bag.
- Mist the black top soil layer, until it is very mosit but not soaked with water.
- Add fresh air and close the bag with the paper clip.
- Everyday spray the sides of the grow bag with 1-2 sprays of water, from a misting bottle. And add fresh air by squeezing the bag and then opening it again, allowing new air to come inside.
- 5 – 17 days after starting your Copelandia grow kit, pins will begin to form (small mushrooms, tat appeear like small dots)
- DO NOT SPRAY the pins or mushrooms directly. But take the mushroom grow kit out of the growbag, add fresh air, spray the bag lightly to increase humidity. Put the kit back in the grow bag and close the bag.
- 5-7 days after pinning most mushrooms will be grown and are ready to pick.
- Prepare the kit for the next flush, by misting the top layer with lots of water. Spray until one or to centimeters of water accumulates at the bottom of the grow kit. You can pour the water out of the kit when you the new flush begins to grow.
The set-up or positioning of your Hawaiian Copelandia kit is very important.
- Your cultivation area should be clean and disinfected.
- Pick a spot off the ground, preferably between knee and eye height. Or on top of a cupboard
- Do NOT cultivate in your bathroom, toilet or cellar. These rooms often contain other molds or bacteria.
- Do NOT put the kit in a box, container or other closed environment. The grow kit needs fresh air and airflow. With no air you will kill the mycelium.
- Do NOT put the kit in direct sunlight. A bright place in the house is perfect.
Fruiting temperature for the Panaeolus Cyanescens mushrooms is around 24 degrees Celsius, more or less the same as you grow psilocybe cubensis mushrooms. If you keep ypur grow kit around that temperature the kit will flourish. We notice that if the kit cultivation temperature is lower then 19 degrees the kit will not preform as good.
- Colonization temperature 26-29°C
- Fruiting temperature 23-26°C
Fresh Air Exchange (FAE)
The mycelium and mushrooms need fresh air to develop. that is why it is important to air the grow bag 2 times a day. You can add the fresh air by doing the following:
- Close your doors and windows to avoid draft
- Clean your hands or use gloves
- Open the grow bag, by removing the clip and unfolding the top.
- Now squeeze the bag and open it to add the fresh air.
- Do this 3-4 times and the kit will have enough fresh air for the day
- Fold the top and close it with the clips
- Air the kit in the mornings and at night.
After adding fresh air it is time to increase the humidity in the grow bag. This can be done by misting the top soil of the kit and the inside of the grow bag. Make it moist not wet.
When the first small mushroom form in the grow kit, take the substrate kit out of the humidity bag, and spray in the bag only! The Hawaiian Copelandia mushrooms do not like to get wet and will stop growing. Never spray on the mushrooms.
The perfect time to harvest your Hawaiian Copelandia kit is about 24-36 hours after the Panaeolus Cyanescens mushrooms drops their spores. The caps turn a bit grayish white.You will see some black spores on the caps too. Time to pick your mushrooms!
Unlike the psilocybe cubensis the Panaeolus Cyanescens does not have a veil. The caps just open and drop their spores.
How to pick the mushrooms from the Copelandia mushroom kit?
Gently knock the Panaeolus Cyanescens mushrooms over, snap them at the base. They will detach themselves form the substrate and are ready for use.
There are no reviews yet.